Friday 4 November 2011

Babe In Boyland By Jody Gehrman

Title: Babe in Boyland
Author: Jody Gehrman
Pages: 292
Age Group: Young Adult
Publisher: Dial


When high school junior Natalie - or Dr. Aphrodite, as she calls herself when writing the relationship column for her school paper - is accused of knowing nothing about guys and giving girls bad relationship advice, she decides to investigate what guys really think and want. But the guys in her class won't give her straight or serious answers. The only solution? Disguising herself as a guy and spending a week at Underwood Academy, the private all-boy boarding school in town. There she learns a lot about guys  girls in ways she never expected - especially when she falls for her dreamy roommate, Emilio. How can she show him she likes him without blowing her cover?

  My Thoughts:

I wanted to like this book. I wanted to laugh out loud at the funny scenes but I just couldn't. This book was okay-ish

Why did the whole a girl-dresses-up-as-a-boy and goes to a boys school not impress me? I don't know. But what I do know is that i dragged myself to the end of the book. I wasn't interested in reading this book much. I kept telling myself that this book is going to get better but it never did. The end and everything in between were quite predictable.

Nevertheless; the way the author has written this book is both witty and smart. I liked how Natalie writes the article in the end; summing up her whole experience.

Most people enjoyed this book and some even loved it. The books not bad. It's okay. The kind of book I would read when I was really very bored (which I was).
But you should give it a try; maybe you'll love it?

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...