Saturday 17 September 2011

The Five People You Meet In Heaven By Mitch Albom

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



From the author of the phenomenal #1 New York Times bestseller Tuesdays with Morrie, a novel that explores the unexpected connections of our lives, and the idea that heaven is more than a place; it's an answer. Eddie is a wounded war veteran, an old man who has lived, in his mind, an uninspired life. His job is fixing rides at a seaside amusement park. On his 83rd birthday, a tragic accident kills him as he tries to save a little girl from a falling cart. He awakes in the afterlife, where he learns that heaven is not a destination. It's a place where your life is explained to you by five people, some of whom you knew, others who may have been strangers. One by one, from childhood to soldier to old age, Eddie's five people revisit their connections to him on earth, illuminating the mysteries of his "meaningless" life, and revealing the haunting secret behind the eternal question: "Why was I here?"


  My Thoughts:
"All endings are also beginnings; we just dont know it at the time" -Mitch Albom

This book was really really good. Mitch Albom is a really good writer.
I loved the lessons that each of the five people taught Eddie.

The one thing which got a little annoying was "Today Is Eddie's Birthday". I know that it was supposed to give an insight to Eddie's life but i couldn't get myself to like it as much as i loved the parts in "For One More Day".

I absolutely loved reading "Times my mother stood up for me" and "Times i did not stand up for my mother". They were tear-jerkers. I cried each time reading them.

I am not comparing "Five People You Meet In Heaven" with "For One More Day". They were both amazing in their own way.
I'm just pointing out tha the part "Today Is Eddie's Birthday" got a little annoying for me.

But i recommend this book to everyone. It has life's greatest lessons in it. How wonderful it would be if we all could make sense of our yesterdays. The reasons for what we did and what we didn't; and how it affected everyone around us.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...