Saturday 17 September 2011

The Last Song By Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church.
The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them

My Thoughts:                                                                                                             
Words don't even begin to describe how much i loved this book.

Nicholas Sparks writes amazing novels and i fell in love with his writing since i first read "A Walk To Remember."
I finished this book in two days. It was a page turner. I COULD NOT put it down. Its been a while since i cried after reading. So i was quite surprised at myself when the tears kept falling from my eyes.
It was so good that i tried my best to read it as slowly as i possibly could. Because i just did not want it to end.

My favorite character would have to be Steve (Ronnie's dad). I loved him when he believed in Ronnie. I loved him when he did the best he could to make his children happy. I loved him because of the beautiful bond that developed during summer; between him and his kids.

It was a beautiful book.

I watched the movie an hour after i finished this book, so imagine my disappointment when i saw that the book and the movie were NOTHING alike.
Unlike many people i think Miley Cyrus was the perfect Ronnie in appearance. But her acting not very much. The Ronnie in my mind was very different than the Ronnie on the screen. And the sarcasm was much better in the book.
I cannot say the same for Jonah though. I LOVED HIM. In the book as well as in the movie. He is such a cute kid.

I would give the book FIVE STARS
and the movie TWO STARS.

-Those who have not read the book; do not judge it by the movie-


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...