Thursday 10 November 2011

The Summer I Turned Pretty By Jenny Han

Author: Jenny Han
Pages: 276
Age Group: Young Adult
PublisherSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing


Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

My Thoughts:
I had heard nothing but good stuff from everyone about this book. But what really made me pick up this book and read was what Sarah Dessen had said about it:

"This book has what every girl wants in a summer."

And Sarah Dessen being one of my favourite authors; i HAD to read it!

First of all, how cute is the name Belly? I'll answer that, very cute!!
this book had me hooked since the first page. If you've ever been the kind of person who everyone thinks is a kid. then this book is for you. And if you aren't, then this book is for you as well.
I cant sum up my love for this book, I'll just be blabbering in this review. my apologies!
So this book is about Belly (the main character) and how she goes to Cousins Beach every year with her mother and brother. She is head over heels in LOVE with Conrad.
Every year at cousins beach is the same. Full of fun, laughter, joy and happiness. so much that she waits the whole year for summer. But this summer is different. This summer she turns pretty.
And OH.MY.GOD!! is this summer awesome, or what?!?!?
I liked how the author has also put the events that have happened in the past summers when Belly was 14,12,13,11 and 5 ....

I cant say much about this book, I fear I'll spoil it for you. So go and read it. Finish up the book you're reading right now and then read this book. It's worth it. trust me.
Jenny Han is now in my list of awesome authors. I love her for writing this trilogy.

This is a perfect summer book. But its not summer any more and that didn't stop me from enjoying it. Read this book and fall in love with the trilogy as much as I did!



Favourite Quote:
Sometimes it’s like people are a million times more beautiful to you in your mind. It’s like you see them through a special lens—but maybe if it’s how you see them,that’s how they really are.
My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...