Saturday 12 November 2011

Two Way Street By Lauren Barnholdt

Pages: 288
Age Group: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon Pulse


This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.
Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.
It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.
My Thoughts:
I'd heard good things about this book.
Who wouldn't like a book about a girl going on a trip with her ex-boyfriend who just happened to break up with her because of a Myspace girl he made up? No One!!

A good book, good characters, good plot. That's just the problem. Everything was good. not great. I wonder why I liked it but didn't love it. It was written very nicely. I liked how her thoughts were part of the book. This made me know the characters more. And I absolutely loved the way the whole book was put: before. Trip. After.
I like books that don't drag. What's supposed to happen, happens at the right time and there are no unnecessary descriptions and explanations. This was exactly that kind of a book. I was hooked from the first chapter.
I may not have loved it but I definitely had a fun time reading it.With all the she-trying-to-make-him-jealous and he-pretending-not-to-care, what is there not to enjoy?
And the cheese part; when in burger king she cries. I was cracking up along with "awee that's cute".

Should you read this book? Heck yes!!
Alot of swearing though.

FAVOURITE QUOTE:


I’m so over him. This is me, being over him. La,la,la.




MY RATING:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...