Saturday 3 December 2011

Cracked Up To Be By Courtney Summers

Title: Cracked Up to Be 
Author: Courtney Summers
Age Category: Young Adult
Pages: 214
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin


Perfect Parker Fadley isn’t so perfect anymore.  She’s quit the cheerleading squad, she’s dumped her perfect boyfriend, and she’s failing school.  Her parents are on a constant suicide watch and her counselors think she’s playing games…but what they don’t know, the real reason for this whole mess, isn’t something she can say out loud.  It isn’t even something she can say to herself.  A horrible thing has happened and it just might be her fault.  If she can just remove herself from everybody--be totally alone--then everything will be okay...The problem is, nobody will let her. 
My Thoughts: 

What did I think about this book? I'm still not sure.


I thought it was going to be an amazing read, I can not say the same now; I'm afraid.
Starting this book I had only one opinion about Parker Fadley " what a b*tch!"
Really! I thought she was the most self-centered character I have ever read about.
But as the story develops and you understand that things have happened in the past that made her this way; your opinions start to change. In my case just slightly.


Parker tries to alienate herself from everyone. And the night that changed everything is described bit by bit in the book.


I read this book, it was okay. Can't say any more than that; because I don't know what to say. I'm still confused with my feelings on this book. All the swear words and Parker's character made reading this book a little disturbing.
Why don't you be the judge of this book? Since this review won't be helping you much. I guess.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...