Wednesday 7 December 2011

Shatter Me By Tahereh Mafi

Title: Shatter Me 
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Pages: 338
Age Category: Young Adult
Publisher: Harper/HarperCollins

You can't touch me," I whisper.
I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.
He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.
But things happen when people touch me.
Strange things.
Bad things.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.
But Juliette has plans of her own.
After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.

MY THOUGHTS:
One word: ADAM!!
Two Words: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
Three words: OH MY GOD!
Eight words:WHEN IS THE FREAKING NEXT BOOK COMING OUT???


Phewww!!! I just finished reading the book and oh wow!
For a debut novel this was mind blowing!!!
What made me love the book the most was the writing. I cannot even begin to explain how much I loved the way "Shatter Me" was written. Forget the characters, the plot, everything. The writing alone made me love it so much that I can still hear Juliette's voice in my head echoing her thoughts.


To say that I loved every minor detail about this book will not be wrong. Because I really did.


I did not pick up this book thinking "I'm going to fall in love with you." But rather, "lets see if you're good enough." So yes, the reason that this book was better than I expected it to be; makes me like it even more.
This book has a strong voice; that may even shatter your heart as piece by piece everything makes sense and a way is made from no way at all.
I will definitely abso-freaking-lutely be reading the next book!!


READ THIS BOOK!
-repeat the above statement-


MY RATING:

FAVOURITE QUOTE:
The world is flat. I know because I was tossed right off the edge and I've been trying to hold on for seventeen years. I've been trying to climb back up for seventeen years but it's nearly impossible to beat gravity when no one is willing to give you a hand. 
BOOK TRAILER:


Are the book trailers awesome, or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...