Friday 16 December 2011

It's Not Summer Without You By Jenny Han

Title: It's Not Summer Without You
Author: Jenny Han
Pages: 288
Age Category: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

My Thoughts: 
Jenny Han has done it again.
I loved; absoloutely LOVED the first book in the trilogy. And i wasnt sure of what was going to happen in the next book. And boy! Was i blown away!!
I think that's the best part of this trilogy; you can never be completely sure of what is about to happen. The love triangles and complicated emotions all lead to an uncertain end. The book keeps you guessing along the way.

Cousins Beach - It almost seems like I've been there. Reading this book has made the house seem familiar. It's almost like I know the place, the beach, Jeremiah and Conrad.
I often find myself wanting it all to be real. But then again who won't?
People would kill for Summers like these. But not in this second book. Everything is serious now that Conrad has left unexpectedly.

Belly has to chose who matters the most: Someone who is right for her or her first love?

Oh! And by the way, I'm team Conrad. Always.

Read the series if you haven't. You have no idea what you are missing!

My Rating:
Favourite Quote:
There are moments in life that you wish with all your heart you could take back. Like, just erase from existence. Like, if you could, you'd erase yourself right out of existence too, just to make that moment not exist.” 

“He gestured at me. “That’s Belly."
“Belly?” she repeated. 
“Yup. She’s my girlfriend.” 
I think I choked out loud.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...